Slow-roast tomato, ricotta & prosciutto bruschetta
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus cooling
- Serves 4-6
- 250g mixed heritage tomatoes , halved
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil , plus extra to serve
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 120g ricotta
- 40g grated parmesan
- 1 lemon , zested and sliced
- 3 large slices sourdough , halved and sliced
- 100g prosciutto
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 140C/120C fan/gas 1. Put the tomatoes, cut-side up, on a large baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Sprinkle over 1 tsp sea salt, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, and scatter over the thyme. Roast for 1½-2 hrs, or until the tomatoes are wrinkled and a touch charred but still juicy. Leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Combine the ricotta, parmesan and lemon zest. Season. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Brush the bread with the remaining oil and griddle for 2-3 mins on each side, or until lightly toasted. Top with the ricotta mixture, tomatoes, prosciutto and a drizzle of olive oil.