Simple salmon with spring pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets , skin removed
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 200g asparagus , trimmed and cut into short lengths
- 150g pasta (we used dried egg pasta)
- 175g mixed peas and podded broad bean (frozen is fine)
- 5 tbsp mascarpone
- zest and juice ½ lemon , the rest cut into wedges
- small bunch tarragon , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Rub the oil over the bottom of a large roasting tin or baking dish. Season the salmon with black pepper and a little salt, then wrap a piece of prosciutto around the middle of each fillet. Roast for 10 mins, then toss the asparagus into the oily tin and roast for 5 mins more.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, boil the pasta following pack instructions, adding the peas and beans 2 mins before the end of cooking. Once the vegetables and pasta are just tender, reserve a cup of the cooking water, then drain.
- STEP 3
Remove the salmon from the tin, then add the mascarpone, pasta, 3 tbsp of the cooking water, the lemon zest and juice, and tarragon. Season to taste and toss until the pasta is covered with creamy sauce. Serve with the fish and a lemon wedge.