- Preparation and cooking time
- plus cooling
- Serves 8
- 1 courgette (about 175g grated weight)
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar, drained and finely chopped
- 100g parmesan, finely grated
- few rosemary sprigs, needles picked and finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 90ml sunflower oil
- 50-100ml whole milk
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line a eight-hole muffin tin with muffin cases. Coarsely grate the courgette into a fine sieve and use clean hands to squeeze out as much liquid as possible over the sink. Tip into a bowl with the spring onions, flour, roasted red pepper, most of the cheese and the rosemary, along with lots of black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- STEP 2
Crack the eggs into a jug, pour in the oil and top up with enough milk to make 300ml. Beat together, then pour into the courgette mixture and mix to a smooth batter. Divide between the cases, top with the remaining cheese and bake for 25-30 mins until risen, firm and golden brown on top. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack. Will keep for up to three days in an airtight container in the fridge.