Sausage casserole with garlic toasts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 8 reduced-fat sausages
- 1 yellow pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 4 red onions , cut into wedges
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp x 20g pack basil (use the rest in the toasts)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Put the sausages, pepper and onion into a roasting tin, then roast for 20 mins.
- STEP 2
Lower oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6, then tip tomatoes and stock over the sausages. Add sugar and most of the basil, season, then stir well. Roast for another 20 mins. Serve with garlic toasts, recipe below, sprinkled with the remaining basil.