Salmon with warm chickpea, pepper & spinach salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 large red pepper , quartered and deseeded
- zest and juice ½ small lemon
- pinch smoked paprika (we used sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g bag young leaf spinach
- 2 x 140g (2 x 5oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 400g can chickpeas
- STEP 1
Heat the grill. Squash the pepper quarters flat and grill for 5 mins or until well blackened. Leave the grill on, then transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to cool slightly before peeling off the skins and cutting the flesh into strips.
- STEP 2
Make the dressing by whisking together the lemon zest, juice, smoked paprika, olive oil and seasoning. Toss half the dressing with the spinach leaves and divide between 2 bowls.
- STEP 3
Season the salmon and grill for 5 mins or until just cooked through. Meanwhile, heat the chickpeas in their canning liquid in a saucepan for 3-4 mins. Drain well, then mix with the remaining dressing and strips of pepper. Spoon over the spinach and top with the salmon to serve.