Salmon & soya bean salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 large omega-3 rich egg (See TRY section at the bottom of the recipe)
- 200g frozen soya beans , defrosted
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp flax seed oil (we used granoVita)
- 250g pouch Puy lentils
- small bunch spring onions , sliced
- 2 poached salmon fillets , skin removed
- STEP 1
Put the egg in a pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 4 mins (or 8 for hard-boiled), adding soya beans to the pan for the final min, then drain and run under cold water to cool. Shell and cut egg into 6 wedges, then set aside.
- STEP 2
Mix the lemon juice and zest with the oil, season, then stir through the soya beans, lentils and spring onions.
- STEP 3
Divide between 2 plates, then gently break the salmon into large flakes and put on top of the lentils along with the egg. Try it with seeded brown bread.