Salmon with salsa verde
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A delicious and fresh Mediterranean baked fish dish with herby green sauce, olives and lemon
- 1 x 25g pack dill , roughly chopped
- 1 x 25g pack mint , tough stalks removed and roughly chopped
- 1 x 25g pack flat-leaf parsley , roughly chopped
- 1 x 25g pack chives , roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp caper
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nut
- 1 x 200g tin green olive stuffed with anchovies, drained (85g)
- 2 lemons , juice only
- 4 salmon fillets
To serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. To make the salsa verde, put the herbs, mustard, capers, pine nuts, olives and the juice of the 1 ½ lemons in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- STEP 2
Put the salmon fillets on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Squeeze over the juice of the remaining half lemon and season with freshly ground black pepper. Cook in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- STEP 3
If serving with the rice, cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Mix together the olives, pine nuts and red pepper. Once the rice is cooked, stir through the olive mix.
- STEP 4
Pile the salsa verde on top of the salmon fillets. Serve with the rice.