- 1 x 25g pack dill, roughly chopped
- 1 x 25g pack mint, tough stalks removed and roughly chopped
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- 1 x 25g pack flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 x 25g pack chives, roughly chopped
- 1½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp caper
Capers are the small flower buds of the Capparis shrub that grows in the Mediterranean. As they…
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nut
- 1 x 200g tin green olive stuffed with anchovies, drained (85g)
- 2 lemons, juice only
Oval in shape with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile…
- 4 salmon fillets
To serve (optional)
- 175g wild and white basmati rice
- 50g stoned marinated black kalamata olive
- 75g toasted pine nut
- 1 red pepper, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. To make the salsa verde, put the herbs, mustard, capers, pine nuts, olives and the juice of the 1 ½ lemons in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
Put the salmon fillets on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Squeeze over the juice of the remaining half lemon and season with freshly ground black pepper. Cook in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes or until cooked through.
If serving with the rice, cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Mix together the olives, pine nuts and red pepper. Once the rice is cooked, stir through the olive mix.
Pile the salsa verde on top of the salmon fillets. Serve with the rice.