Salmon & puy lentil salad with olive dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
For the dressing
- 85g Kalamata olives, stoned
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped basil (or a dash of pesto)
- 1 tbsp small capers
For the salad
- 200g fine green beans, halved
- 3-4 eggs (depending on how much salmon you have)
- 2 x 250g pouches cooked puy lentils
- 4 large tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 175g-200g cooked leftover salmon, flaked into large chunks
- good handful rocket leaves
- STEP 1
Chop half the olives (set the rest aside), then mix with the remaining dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- STEP 2
Boil the green beans for 5 mins, then refresh under cold water. Put the eggs in cold water, bring to the boil, then cook for 5 mins. Cool, shell and halve or quarter.
- STEP 3
Heat the lentils in the microwave for 2 mins per pack. Tip into a bowl and toss with the tomatoes, most of the dressing, the whole olives and green beans. Arrange eggs and salmon on top, scatter with the rocket and finish with remaining dressing. Serve with crusty bread.