Salmon with new potato & corn salad & basil dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 400g baby new potatoes
- 2 sweetcorn cobs
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 2 very large tomatoes , like beefsteak
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers , finely chopped
- handful basil leaves
- STEP 1
Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, adding corn for final 5 mins, then drain and allow to cool a little.
- STEP 2
For the dressing, mix the vinegar, oil, shallot, capers, basil and some seasoning.
- STEP 3
Heat grill to high. Rub a little dressing on the salmon and cook, skinned-side down, for 7-8 mins. Slice tomatoes and place on a serving plate. Slice the potatoes, cut the corn from the cobs and arrange over the tomatoes. Top with the salmon, then drizzle over the remaining dressing.