- 175ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 75ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 150ml good-quality golden rum
Rum is a type of spirit based on sugar cane. First produced in the 1600s on slave plantations in…
- 50ml sugar syrup
- dash of grenadine syrup
- dash of Angostura bitters
- ice cubes, to serve
- generous pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
One of the most useful of spices for both sweet and savoury…
- 2 thick slices orange, to garnish
One of the best-known citrus fruits, oranges aren't necessarily orange - some varieties are…
- maraschino cherries, to garnish
One of the delights of the summer, cherries are much loved for their succulent texture, flavour…
Pour the juices, rum, sugar syrup, grenadine and Angostura bitters into a large jug and give it a good stir. Pop into the fridge to chill for 1 hr.
Serve over ice cubes, sprinkle over the nutmeg and garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry, speared with a cocktail stick.
Choosing rumI strongly suggest you use good-quality golden or dark rum, to give your dishes complexity and a spiced mellowness.
Angostura bittersWe use a dash of this well-known cocktail ingredient in savoury and sweet dishes to enhance flavour.