Roasted stone fruits with vanilla
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod , split in two
- 5 cardamom pods
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 6 apricots , halved and stoned
- 3 peaches , quartered and stoned
- 3 nectarines , quartered and stoned
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 8. Tip the sugar, vanilla pod, cardamom, lime zest and juice into a food processor, then blitz until blended, or mash together using a pestle and mortar. Tip the fruit into a shallow baking dish, then toss in the sludgy sugar.
- STEP 2
Roast for 20 mins until the fruits have softened, but not collapsed and the sugar and fruit juices have made a sticky sauce. Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.