Roasted red pepper & parsley pesto with penne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 400g penne
- 290g jar roasted red pepper , drained
- large handful flat-leaf parsley , plus a few chopped leaves to garnish
- 75g unsalted cashew
- 1 large garlic clove , roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- STEP 1
Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, put the peppers, parsley, nuts, garlic and olive oil in a small food processor or mini chopper, and whizz to a pesto consistency. Season and mix in the Parmesan.
- STEP 2
Drain the pasta and return to the pan with the pesto. Stir and gently heat for 1 min, then sprinkle with a little more chopped parsley and serve.