Roasted celeriac & carrots with kale & hazelnuts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6-8
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cut into chunky chips or wedges
- 4 large carrots, cut into chunky chips or wedges
- 50g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 150g kale, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Heat the butter and half the oil in a large roasting tin in the oven until foaming. Toss in the celeriac and carrots. Season. Roast for 40-50 mins, stirring occasionally until the veg is golden and soft.
- STEP 2
Add the rest of the oil, the nuts and kale, and bake for 15 mins until the kale has wilted and is crisp at the edges. Toss with the vinegar.