Roasted asparagus, pancetta & cherry tomato pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 400g penne
- 500g bunch asparagus , each spear trimmed and cut into 3 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6slices pancetta , snipped into pieces
- 200g cherry tomatoes , halved
- good handful basil leaves
- grated parmesan , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Boil the pasta in salted water. Put the asparagus into a roasting tin, then toss with the oil and pancetta. Roast for 10 mins until the pancetta starts to crisp up, stir in the tomatoes, then cook for 5 mins more.
- STEP 2
Drain the pasta, then add to the roasting tin along with the torn basil leaves and seasoning. Stir well until everything is glistening, then serve in bowls, scattered with grated Parmesan.