Quinoa, pea & avocado salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 4
- 100g frozen peas
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small pack mint , leaves only, chopped
- ½ small pack chives , snipped
- 250g pack ready-to-eat red & white quinoa mix (we used Merchant Gourmet)
- 1 avocado , stoned, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 75g bag pea shoots
- STEP 1
Put the peas in a large heatproof bowl, pour over just-boiled water, then set aside.
- STEP 2
Pour the lemon juice into a small bowl and whisk in some seasoning. Keep whisking as you slowly add the olive oil, followed by the mint and chives.
- STEP 3
Drain the peas and tip into a large serving dish. Stir in the quinoa, breaking up any clumps. Pour over the dressing, then fold in the avocado and pea shoots. Serve immediately.