Quick lemon gravadlax
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus chilling, no cook
- Serves 2
- 200g salmon fillet, preferably from the tail end
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp golden caster sugar
- white pepper , to season
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- small handful chives , finely chopped
- small handful dill , finely chopped
- lemon slices
- toasted rye bread or gluten-free bread
- soured cream
- STEP 1
Place the salmon fillet on a chopping board, skin-side down, and slice at an angle with a sharp knife to make long, thin slices as you would for smoked salmon. Discard the skin.
- STEP 2
Using a pestle and mortar, roughly grind the coriander seeds with the sugar, 1 tsp coarse sea salt and some white pepper. Add half the lemon juice and sprinkle all over the salmon slices, ensuring they are well coated. Cover with cling film and chill for 30 mins.
- STEP 3
In a small bowl, mix together the oil, herbs, remaining lemon juice and the zest. Drizzle over the salmon and serve with the lemon slices, toasted rye bread and soured cream.