Quick fish stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A no-fuss pot of comfort food - pack with shellfish, white fish or salmon and serve with homemade garlic bread
- 3 tbsp garlic butter
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 x 400g cans plum tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 fish or vegetable stock cube
- 2 roasted red peppers , from a jar, sliced
- 300g potato , cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 400g bag mixed seafood , defrosted if frozen
- 250g white fish or salmon , chopped into chunks
- 8 thin slices of baguette
- green beans , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat 1 tbsp of the garlic butter in a saucepan and gently cook the onion for about 5 mins until soft. Tip in the chopped plum tomatoes and any juice from the can, the balsamic vinegar and chilli flakes. Crumble over the stock cube, add the peppers and potatoes. Season, then simmer for about 15 mins until the potatoes are just tender.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat a grill to medium, mix the rest of the garlic butter with 1 tsp of parsley and some seasoning. Toast the bread lightly on both sides, then spread one side of each slice with the butter and return to the grill until melted and golden. Keep warm.
- STEP 3
Add the mixed seafood and fish to the sauce and heat through for about 5 mins until the seafood is hot and the fish is firm and cooked through. Scatter with remaining parsley and spoon into bowls. Top each with 2 slices of bread and serve with green beans, if you like.