- 200g hummus
- 1 small lemon , zested and juiced
- 200g pouch cooked mixed grains (we used Merchant Gourmet red rice & quinoa)
- 150g baby spinach , roughly chopped
- 1 small avocado , halved and sliced
- 1cooked chicken breast , sliced at an angle
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- ½ red onion , finely sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds
- STEP 1
Mix 2 tbsp of the hummus with half the lemon juice, the lemon zest and enough water to make a drizzly dressing. Squeeze the grain pouch to separate the grains, then divide between two shallow bowls and toss through the dressing. Top each bowl with a handful of the spinach.
- STEP 2
Squeeze the remaining lemon juice over the avocado halves, then add one half to each bowl. Divide the chicken, pomegranate seeds, onion, almonds and remaining hummus between the two bowls and gently mix everything together just before eating.