- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Give pancakes a Mexican theme with this savoury red pepper and cheese filling - serve with spicy beans and avocado for Shrove Tuesday or all year round!
- 2 red peppers , chopped into small pieces
- 140g red leicester , grated
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 8 pre-made pancakes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 400g can kidney beans , drained
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 red chilli , deseeded if you don’t like it too hot, sliced (optional)
- 2 avocados , sliced
- 2 Little Gem lettuces , sliced
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Scatter the peppers, cheese and coriander over 4 pancakes. Season well and cover each one with another pancake to make a sandwich. Place the quesadilla pancakes on baking sheets and cook for 5 mins in the oven until the cheese starts melting (you may need to do this in batches).
- STEP 2
Warm the butter in a saucepan, add the garlic and cook for 1 min until fragrant, then add the cumin and beans. Stir for 2 mins, then roughly mash. Season, stir through half the lemon juice, spoon into a serving dish and top with the chilli, if using. Toss the avocado in the rest of the lemon juice, then serve the quesadillas with the beans, lettuce and avocado.