Prawn, pineapple & cashew fried rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Bursting with juicy prawns, sweet pineapple, and crunchy cashew nuts, this Asian-style dinner is speedy and satisfying
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 onion , chopped, or 140g chopped frozen onions
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 140g frozen prawns
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 200g pouch cooked basmati rice
- 227g can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 50g cashew nuts , toasted
- zest and juice ½ lime , the other 1/2 cut into wedges to serve
- STEP 1
Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Tip in the egg and cook for 2-3 mins until the egg is set. Tip the omelette onto a board, cut into 1cm strips and set aside.
- STEP 2
Add the remaining oil to the pan and tip in the onion. Sizzle for 5 mins, then add the garlic paste, ginger paste and prawns. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins until the prawns defrost and turn pink. Add the peas, five-spice powder, rice, pineapple, soy and cashew nuts, and stir-fry for another 3 mins until piping hot.
- STEP 3
Stir the omelette strips into the rice and heat for 1 min. Finally, stir through the lime zest and juice. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.