Plum & ginger tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 50g dried breadcrumbs
- 50g light muscovado sugar , plus 1 tbsp
- 25g crystallised ginger , chopped
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 300g puff pastry
- 600g plum , halved and stoned
- clotted cream or ice cream, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix together the breadcrumbs, sugar, ginger and egg white. Roll out the pastry and cut into a 35cm round. Transfer to a large baking sheet, then use a fork to spread the crumb paste over the centre of the pastry to within 7cm of the edges. Cover with the plums, cut-sides up, and sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar.
- STEP 2
Flip the pastry over the plums to create an edge, pleating or pinching it together with your fingers to keep in place. Bake for 20-25 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden. Cool for 5 mins on the baking sheet, then slide onto a large, flat serving plate or board. Serve warm cut into wedges with clotted cream or ice cream.