Pepper & honey-roasted roots
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into long slices
- 1 large celeriac, peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 parsnips, peeled and cut into long sticks
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tsp black peppercorn, roughly cracked
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Heat oil in a roasting tin on top of the stove, then throw in the vegetables and fry for 5-8 mins until they begin to brown. Place the tray in the oven for 40-50 mins, shaking pan occasionally until golden brown and soft.
- STEP 2
Stir the honey, pepper and a sprinkling of salt into the vegetables, then return to the oven for 5 mins to warm the honey through.