Pea pakora pockets
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 500g floury potato , cut into chunks
- 200g frozen pea
- 4-5 tsp curry powder (choose your favourite)
- 200ml natural yogurt
- small bunch mint , half roughly chopped
- 6 white or wholemeal pitta breads , halved
- ½ iceberg lettuce , shredded, to serve
- ½ red onion , sliced
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Boil the potatoes for about 8 mins until tender, throwing in the peas for the final few mins. Drain well, pick out the potato, then return to the saucepan with a third of the peas. Add the curry powder and some seasoning, then mash together over a low heat – this will help to dry out the veg. Stir in the remaining peas.
- STEP 2
Using 2 tablespoons, shape the mix into rough rugby ball shapes (you should get about 16), then place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Bake for 20 mins until golden and crisp around the edges.
- STEP 3
Mix the yogurt with the chopped mint. Warm the halved pittas, and toss the remaining mint leaves with the shredded lettuce. Serve the hot pakoras with all the extras for stuffing into the warmed pittas.