Parmesan pork with tomato & olive spaghetti
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This healthy, balanced dinner is ready in under 45 minutes and is packed with lean protein, fibre, calcium, vitamin C, iron and three of your 5-a-day
- 300g lean pork fillet , cut into 6 equal slices
- 3 tsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 4 garlic cloves , finely grated
- 15g very finely grated parmesan
- 1 large carrot (215g), chopped
- 3 celery sticks (165g), chopped
- 6 Kalamata olives , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 ½ tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 150g wholemeal spaghetti
- 100g cherry tomatoes , halved
- large handful chopped parsley (about 10g)
- STEP 1
Put the pork in a bowl with 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp sage, 1 garlic clove and lots of black pepper. Mix well, put on a tray and scatter with the cheese.
- STEP 2
Heat the remaining 2 tsp oil in a pan and fry the carrot, celery and remaining garlic and sage for 5 mins, stirring frequently. Add the olives, tomato purée, bouillon and 200ml water, cover and cook for 5-8 mins or until the veg is tender.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti following pack instructions and heat the grill. Grill the pork for 6 mins, then leave to rest. Drain the spaghetti, reserving a little water, and toss into the veg with the tomatoes and parsley. Add the water to loosen, then serve with the pork.
SIGN UP FOR OUR HEALTHY DIET PLAN
This recipe is part of our free Healthy Diet Plan. Sign up today and we’ll send you seven days of triple-tested, nutritionally-optimised recipes, plus expert tips to help you look and feel your very best!