Pan-fried steak & parsnip salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- sirloin steak (weighing about 250g/9oz) , trimmed of fat
- 2 parsnips , peeled and cut into strips or coarsley grated
- 4 dates , stoned and quartered lengthways
- 150g bag baby leaf green salad with chard
- handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp low-fat crème fraîche
- 2 tsp horseradish sauce
- squeeze lemon juice
- STEP 1
Heat a griddle pan until very hot, season the steak, then fry for 1½-2½ mins each side for rare to medium. Remove from the pan and rest for 5 mins, before thinly slicing.
- STEP 2
Make the dressing by whisking the crème fraîche, horseradish sauce and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Tip in the parsnip and dates, then toss together with some seasoning. Divide the leaf salad between 2 plates with the parsnip salad on top. Lay the sliced beef over the salad and finish with a scattering of mint leaves.