Nutty chicken with noodle salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 140g unsalted roasted peanut
- 4 skinless chicken breasts , halved lengthways
- 1 egg , beaten lightly with a fork
- 85g dried soba or buckwheat noodles
- 1 cucumber , halved and sliced
- small bunch mint , leaves picked and larger ones roughly chopped
- zest and juice 2 limes
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely sliced (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and cover a baking tray with baking paper. Finely chop the peanuts in a food processor or by hand – you want large crumbs, not dust – then tip onto a plate. Dip the chicken pieces in egg, then coat in the peanuts and place on the tray. You can freeze the coated chicken pieces for up to a month, defrost, then continue with recipe. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden and cooked through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to pack instructions, drain, rinse under cold water until cool, then drain again. When the chicken is ready, use kitchen tongs or two forks to mix the noodles with the cucumber slices, mint, lime juice and zest, sugar, chilli if using, and some seasoning. Serve immediately, topped with the crunchy chicken.