Monday night burgers & slaw
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 Tesco Plant Chef Meat-Free Burgers
- 2 burger buns, split
- 1 large vine tomato, sliced
- small handful of rocket or spinach
For the slaw
- ¼ cabbage (white, red, sweetheart or spring greens), finely sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise, plus extra to serve
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- small handful of chives, parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the grill to medium-high. Put the Tesco Plant Chef Meat-Free Burgers on a baking tray and grill for 4-5 mins each side until golden and crisp. Toast the buns cut-side up alongside the burgers on the tray for the last 2-3 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, toss the slaw ingredients with some seasoning. Taste, and add a little more lemon or mustard, if you like.
- STEP 3
Spread a little mayo on the burger bun bases, add a tomato slice and a burger. Add a spoonful of the slaw. Top with some rocket or spinach, and add the burger lids. Serve with the remaining slaw on the side.