Mixed bean & wild rice salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6 - 8
- 375g rice mix, we used brown basmati & wild rice
- 2 x 400g cans mixed beans , drained and rinsed
- 340g can sweetcorn , drained
- 1 small red onion , finely sliced
- 2 red peppers , deseeded and diced
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely sliced
- small bunch coriander , leaves picked
- STEP 1
Cook rice following pack instructions. Once cooked, rinse under cold water to cool down. Once cold combine in a bowl with the beans, sweetcorn, onion and red peppers.
- STEP 2
Mix the lime zest and juice, honey and chilli. Pour over the rice mixture and mix well, then season to taste. Stir through the coriander leaves just before serving.