Minted salmon & pea fish cakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 500g leftover cooked potato or mash from the chiller cabinet
- 418g can pink or red salmon , drained
- 140g frozen pea , defrosted
- handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp tartar sauce
- about 3 tbsp plain flour , for dusting
- 3 tbsp light olive or vegetable oil
- lemon halves, to serve, optional
- STEP 1
If you’re using leftover cooked potatoes, mash them until they are smooth. Flake the salmon into a bowl, removing any skin and large bones. Add the peas, mint, tartare sauce and mashed potato, and season to taste. Mix well, then, using floured hands, shape into 8 flat fishcakes. Dust with flour.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the fishcakes in 2 batches for 3-4 mins each side, turning carefully with a fish slice or spatula, until golden and crisp. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a green salad.