Mint, lime & cucumber salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1 large cucumber , peeled
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp white vinegar (rice or wine)
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
- a large handful of mint leaves
- 1 small chilli , finely sliced
- STEP 1
Finely slice half of the cucumber into a large bowl. Cut the skin off the lime, then cut out the segments. Add these to the bowl and squeeze any juice out of the bit left in the middle. Add the vinegar and sugar, cover and leave in the fridge.
- STEP 2
When ready to serve, slice and add the remaining cucumber, the mint and the chilli and toss together. Season with salt and a touch more vinegar if you like.