- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
The root of a member of the mustard family, radishes have a peppery flavour and a crisp, crunchy…
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 3 mini bagels, split in half
- 100g crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 6 slices salt beef, pastrami or roast beef
- handful watercress
With deep green leaves, and crisp, paler stems, watercress is related to mustard and is one of…
Put the radishes, vinegar, sugar and a good pinch of salt in a bowl and leave to pickle for 30 mins, or up to 24 hrs.
When you’re ready to serve, toast the bagels while you mix together the crème fraîche and mustard. To serve, spread the bagels with the mustardy crème fraîche, top each half with a ruffled slice of beef, a few pickled radishes and a few watercress sprigs. Finish with a grind of black pepper.