Mexican rice & bean salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 175g/6oz basmati and wild rice
- 400g can mixed bean salad , drained and rinsed
- bunch spring onions , chopped
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 1 avocado , chopped
- juice 1 lime , plus wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- small bunch coriander , chopped
- STEP 1
Cook the rice following pack instructions. Drain, then cool under cold running water until completely cold. Stir in beans, onions, pepper and avocado.
- STEP 2
Mix the lime juice with the Cajun spice mix and some black pepper. Pour over the rice mix, stir in the coriander and serve with extra lime wedges.