Mediterranean potato salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion , thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 1 tsp oregano , fresh or dried
- ½ x 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 100g roasted red pepper , from a jar, sliced
- 300g new potato , halved if large
- 25g black olive , sliced
- handful basil leaves , torn
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook for 5-10 mins until soft. Add the garlic and oregano and cook for 1 min. Add the tomatoes and peppers, season well and simmer gently for 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain well, mix with the sauce and serve warm, sprinkled with olives and basil.