Weaning recipe: Lentil & sweet potato purée
- Preparation and cooking time
- makes about 475g
- knob of butter
- pinch ground coriander (optional)
- 50g red split lentils , thoroughly rinsed
- 375g sweet potatoes , peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-2 tbsp yogurt (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the butter in a saucepan, add the coriander, if using and cook for 1 min. Stir in the lentils and sweet potatoes, then pour in enough water to just cover.
- STEP 2
Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 15 mins or until the lentils and sweet potatoes are tender.
- STEP 3
Drain, then mash together. Stir through the yogurt, if using.