- 2 large eggs
- 200g asparagus, woody ends snapped off, spears halved
Labour-intensive to grow, asparagus are the young shoots of a cultivated lily plant. They're…
- 160g can tuna in spring water (no need to drain)
A member of the mackerel family, tuna are mainly found in the world's warmer oceans. They…
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 125g cannellini bean from a can, drained
Slightly kidney-shaped with squarish ends, cannellini beans are from Italy and are creamy white…
- zest and juice ½ lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Put a pan of water on to boil with a steamer above. When boiling, lower the eggs into the water and steam the asparagus above for 8 mins.
Meanwhile, gently toss all the other ingredients together and arrange on plates or in rigid containers. Plunge the eggs into cold water to cool them a little, then peel and quarter. Add the eggs and asparagus to the tuna salad. Will keep in the fridge for 2 days.