- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 500g pack lean minced lamb
- 2 fennel bulbs, core removed, chopped
Like Marmite, fennel is something that you either love or hate – its strong aniseed…
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
Rosemary's intense, fragrant aroma has traditionally been paired with lamb, chicken and game…
- 2 x 400g cans peeled plum tomatoes
- 10 olives, halved
Widely grown all over the Mediterranean, where they've been cultivated since biblical times…
- 350g dried spaghetti (or use gluten-free alternative)
- grated parmesan and green salad, to serve (optional)
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
In a medium saucepan, heat a little of the olive oil. Add the lamb mince, season and cook until browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain off and discard any excess fat.
Add the remaining oil, the fennel, garlic, rosemary and some seasoning, then cook for about 8 mins until soft and golden. Pour in the tomatoes, break up with the spoon, then add the olives. Simmer for about 15 mins until thickened.
While the sauce is cooking, cook the spaghetti following pack instructions. Serve with grated Parmesan and a green salad, if you like.