Lamb chops with fruity couscous & mint
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus marinating and resting
- Serves 4
- 4 lamb chops or leg steaks, trimmed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 red onion , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g couscous
- 5 tbsp pine nuts , toasted
- 8 dates , stoned and finely chopped
- zest and juice 2 lemons
- 20g pack each mint and flat-leaf parsley , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Place the lamb in a bowl. Sprinkle over the paprika, half the onion, 1 tbsp vinegar and ½ tbsp oil. Season, then set aside.
- STEP 2
To make the couscous, boil the kettle and tip the couscous into a heatproof bowl. Stir in the pine nuts, dates, lemon zest and half the juice. Pour over 140ml just-boiled water, push the coucous to the sides of the bowl, cover, then leave to stand for 10 mins.
- STEP 3
Heat grill to high. Lift the lamb out of its marinade, grill for 2-3 mins on each side, then rest, wrapped in foil, for 10 mins. Stir half the chopped herbs and some seasoning into the couscous, then add the remaining lemon juice to taste. Mix together the remaining herbs, red onion, vinegar, oil and seasoning to make a herby vinaigrette. Serve the lamb and couscous with the vinaigrette.