Jamaican grilled fish
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus marinating
- Serves 4
- 2 medium red snappers or whole bream , gutted, scaled and cleaned
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- pinch dried thyme
- 100ml Jamaican beer (we used Red Stripe), plus extra to baste
- 2 limes , 1 sliced, 1 cut into wedges
- STEP 1
Make a few slashes in the flesh on either side of the fish with a sharp knife. Mix the onion powder, paprika, thyme and some seasoning with the beer. Pour over the fish and rub into the slashes and cavity. Place the lime slices inside the fishes’ bellies, cover with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hr.
- STEP 2
Heat the grill to medium-high. Place the fish on a tray and grill for 15-20 mins, depending on the size, turning halfway through. Baste the fish with a little beer as it cooks. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.