Italian aubergine traybake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 aubergines , sliced into half moons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 70g pack black olives (we used Crespo dry black olives with herbs)
- small pack basil , leaves picked, 3/4 torn
- 2 ciabatta rolls, torn into chunks
- 150g ball of mozzarella , torn
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a roasting tin, toss the aubergine with the oil and roast for 15 mins, then stir in the tomatoes, garlic, olives and torn basil leaves, and cook for another 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Top with the bread and dot with the chunks of mozzarella. Bake for a further 25 mins, then scatter over the remaining basil leaves before serving.