- 2 aubergines, sliced into half moons
Although it's technically a fruit (a berry, to be exact), the aubergine is used as a…
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 70g pack black olives (we used Crespo dry black olives with herbs)
- small pack basil, leaves picked, ¾ torn
Most closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
- 2 ciabatta rolls, torn into chunks
- 150g ball of mozzarella, torn
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a roasting tin, toss the aubergine with the oil and roast for 15 mins, then stir in the tomatoes, garlic, olives and torn basil leaves, and cook for another 10 mins.
Top with the bread and dot with the chunks of mozzarella. Bake for a further 25 mins, then scatter over the remaining basil leaves before serving.