Indian paneer skewers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 courgettes
- 2 x 225g blocks paneer , each cut into 16 cubes
- 1 small red pepper , deseeded and chopped into large chunks
- 1 small red onion , chopped into large chunks
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 2cm piece ginger , finely grated
- cooked rice or naan and mango chutney, to serve
- STEP 1
Thickly slice 2 courgettes. Using a peeler (a swivel peeler works well), thinly slice the remaining 2 lengthways.
- STEP 2
Thread the thick slices of courgette onto skewers, along with the paneer, red pepper and onion. Mix together the curry powder, half the oil, the lemon juice, garlic and ginger, and spoon over the skewers. Leave to marinate until ready to cook, if you have time.
- STEP 3
Heat a large griddle pan, drizzle the thinly sliced courgette with the remaining oil and cook for 1-2 mins on each side until charred. Set aside to cool, then chill for tomorrow.
- STEP 4
Put the prepared skewers on the griddle and cook for about 2 mins on each side, or until tender. Serve with rice or naan and mango chutney.