Herbed goat’s cheese & summer veg tarts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Crisp, colourful and easy to make, these vegetarian puff pastry tartlets are perfect for every occasion
- 320g pack puff pastry
- a little plain flour , for dusting
- 150g tub soft goat's cheese
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence, or chopped herb from the garden
- 2 small courgettes , cut into thin rounds
- 5 tomatoes (not too big), thinly sliced
- handful pitted black olives
- leaves from a few thyme sprigs
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- medium beaten egg , to glaze
For the salad
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Unroll the pastry and cut it into 4 rectangles. Score a border about 2cm in from the edge of each piece, then lift onto a lightly floured baking sheet. Mash the goat’s cheese with the herbs, plus some seasoning. Spread over the middles of the tarts.
- STEP 2
Overlap the courgette and tomato slices on top of the cheese, then scatter with the olives and thyme leaves. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Brush the edges of the pastry with egg. Bake for 15-20 mins until the pastry is dark golden and the vegetables are starting to sizzle.
- STEP 3
Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard and honey to make a dressing, then season to taste. Toss with the watercress just before serving.