Herb pancake wraps with goat’s cheese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 ½ tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 spring onions , finely chopped
- 1 large courgette , coarsely grated and squeezed dry
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 50g soft goat's cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes , chopped
- 6 Kalamata olives , rinsed and halved
- 2 handfuls baby kale or watercress
- radishes , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and add the spring onions and courgette. Cook, stirring frequently, to soften the courgette and drive off any excess moisture. Tip the veg into a bowl and wash the pan.
- STEP 2
Beat an egg with 1 tbsp water, half the herbs and some black pepper. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan, pour in the egg mixture and swirl the pan to set it thinly on the base. Cook for a couple of mins, tip onto a plate and repeat with the other egg, 1 tbsp water and remaining herbs.
- STEP 3
Spread the goat’s cheese down the centre of each pancake and top with the courgette mix, scatter over the tomatoes, olives and baby kale, then roll up and cut in half. Alternatively, spread the goat’s cheese over the pancakes, top with the filling and serve open. Eat with some radishes on the side, if you like.