- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2 - 4
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 medium potatoes (about 700g), cut into 1cm chunks
- small bunch of spring onions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- ½ tsp paprika
- 250g block of halloumi, cut into 2cm chunks
- 4 eggs
- chilli sauce of your choice, to serve (we used chipotle ketchup)
- STEP 1
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and cook the potato over a low-medium heat for 10-15 mins, stirring often until softened in the middle and crisp on the outside (it will take some time for the potato to cook through). Add the white parts of the spring onion and the paprika. Cook for another minute, stirring.
- STEP 2
Push the potatoes to one side of the pan, then add the rest of the oil to the other side and fry the chunks of halloumi until slightly golden. Mix the potatoes in with the halloumi and some seasoning.
- STEP 3
Divide the hash between plates and keep warm. Crack the eggs into the pan and fry until cooked to your liking. Top the hash with the eggs, then drizzle with chilli sauce and scatter over the green parts of the spring onions.