- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Stuff peppers with mixed grains, chorizo, spinach and leeks for a flavour-packed midweek meal that's easy to prep on busy weeknights when you're short on time
- 2 red peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks , sliced
- 30g diced chorizo
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 250g pouch microwave grains (or 250g cooked grains)
- 150g frozen spinach
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 1 small bunch parsley , finely chopped
- 50g mixed salad leaves , to serve
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds , toasted (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the peppers in half through the stalks. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and discard. Put the peppers cut-side up on to a baking sheet and roast for 10 mins or until beginning to soften.
- STEP 2
Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and chorizo and fry for 7 mins over a medium heat. Stir through the garlic, grains and spinach and cook for 3 mins or until the spinach has wilted. Mix through the lemon zest and crème fraîche and season to taste. Fill the peppers with the mixture and return to the oven for 10 mins.
- STEP 3
Mix the remaining oil with the lemon juice and ½ the parsley. Toss the salad leaves with the dressing. Scatter the remaining parsley and almonds over the peppers, if using, and serve with the salad on the side.