Gnocchi with two cheeses & bacon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 400g packet potato gnocchi
- 5 spring onions
- 100g medium-flavoured soft blue cheese , such as dolcelatte
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 225g bag washed baby spinach
- 50g cooked thin and crispy smoked streaky bacon
- Green salad and crusty bread , to serve
- STEP 1
Put a pan of salted water on to boil for the gnocchi. Meanwhile, slice the spring onions and blue cheese. Spoon the mascarpone into a large deep frying pan. Add the blue cheese and spring onions and leave to melt over a medium heat.
- STEP 2
Stir the mascarpone mixture. Tip the gnocchi into the boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes, until they rise to the surface.
- STEP 3
Add the spinach in large handfuls to the cheese mixture and stir until just wilted. Crumble in half the bacon. Skim the gnocchi from the pan with a draining spoon, stir into the cheese mixture, then crumble over the remaining bacon. Serve with salad and crusty bread.