Garlicky lamb with peppers & couscous
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 x packets flavoured couscous (or plain)
- 50g bought or homemade garlic butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- 250g roasted pepper strips from the deli, or 285g jar roasted pepper strips, drained
- 20 Kalamata olives
- handful mint or flatleaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- STEP 1
Put the kettle on to boil and tip both packets of couscous into a heatproof bowl. Melt the garlic butter in a frying pan over a medium heat with a tablespoon of the oil. Add the lamb steaks and fry for 4 minutes on each side. Pour 400ml/14fl oz boiling water over the couscous, stir in the remaining oil and set aside to absorb.
- STEP 2
Tip the peppers and olives into the pan with the lamb. Roughly chop the herbs, add and continue cooking until the lamb is cooked. Squeeze in the lemon juice, season.
- STEP 3
Toss the almonds into the couscous and spoon on to serving plates. Top with the lamb, peppers, olives and juices, and serve.