Garden herb chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 3 bunches garden herbs , we used basil, thyme and tarragon
- 1.8kg chicken - the best you can buy
- 1 tbsp olive oil , plus extra to drizzle
- 1 lemon , quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 600g small potatoes , unpeeled
- 4 bunches of cherry tomatoes , on-the-vine
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Strip all the leaves from the herb stalks then stuff the stalks into the chicken cavity with the lemon and garlic. Rub the chicken with olive oil and season. Sit it in a roomy roasting tray and place in the oven for 30 mins.
- STEP 2
Lower oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Take the chicken out of the oven and toss the potatoes in the pan juices, then cook for a further 30 mins.
- STEP 3
Drop bunches of tomatoes among the potatoes. Cook for 10 mins or until the tomatoes are just tender and the chicken is cooked through. Leave everything to rest for 10 mins, then scatter the chicken and potatoes with the herb leaves and a drizzle of olive oil, then serve.