Flattened chicken with tomatoes, olives & capers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- a little seasoned flour , for dusting
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large ripe tomato , chopped
- 2 tsp capers
- handful olives
- splash white wine (or water, if you prefer)
- chopped chives or parsley
- STEP 1
Split the chicken breast almost in half and open it out like a book. Bash with a rolling pin to flatten, then lightly coat in the seasoned flour. Heat the oil in a pan, add the chicken and cook for 3-4 mins on each side until crisp, browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- STEP 2
Add the tomato, capers, olives and wine to the pan, season to taste, then bring to the boil. Bubble the sauce for 2-3 mins until the tomatoes are starting to break down, then spoon over the chicken and scatter with chopped herbs. Delicious with steamed potatoes.