Fiorentina baked pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 300g pasta (we used penne)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g chestnut mushroom , halved or quartered if large
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 350g carton fresh spinach and cheese sauce (or make your own - see 'Try' below)
- 50g vegetarian parmesan -style cheese, (Twineham Grange Italian-style cheese is a good one) , grated
- STEP 1
Boil the pasta for 10 mins, drain, then tip back into the pan. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms, then cook over a high heat for 5 mins until lightly golden. Reduce the heat, add the garlic, then fry for another min until softened. Season and spoon into a large, shallow baking dish.
- STEP 2
Tip the spinach sauce and half the cheese into the pasta, then put back on the heat for a few mins until heated through. Season to taste, then spoon the pasta over the mushrooms in an even layer. Scatter the remaining cheese over the top and grill for about 5 mins until the cheese is golden and the sauce is bubbling.