Fastest-ever fish pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion , sliced
- 400g can chopped tomato with garlic and herbs
- 100ml fish stock or vegetable stock
- 300g pack smoked mackerel fillets
- 50g toasted breadcrumb
- 25g parmesan , finely grated
- STEP 1
Heat the grill to high. Heat the oil in a large pan, then gently fry the onion for 5 mins until soft. Add the tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 mins. Season.
- STEP 2
Flake the smoked mackerel into the pan, stir, then tip the mixture into a shallow dish and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and parmesan. Grill for 5 mins or until bubbling and golden.